Considering the New Floor Plan
To make the unpacking process more efficient consider the floor plan of your new home, so that when you pack you organize your items based on the rooms that they will be placed in upon delivery.
During your move, it is important to use the correct packing materials needed to protect your possessions.
- Book Boxes (18″ x 12″ x 12″) are small, easy to handle boxes designed for heavy items like books, CD´s and DVD´s. Be sure not to overload the box, as it may become too heavy for handling.
- Medium Boxes (18″ x 18″ x 16″) have a wide range of uses for smaller items throughout your home. This size box is ideal for small appliances, tools, non-perishable food or clothing. Packing similar items together will make unpacking easier.
- Large Boxes (18″ x 18″ x 24″) are very useful for packing light weight, bulky items such as pillows, linens and large toys.
- Dish packs Boxes are especially sturdy for fragile items such as china, glassware, figurines and sculptures. These boxes are reinforced with cellular inserts to further protect items such as crystal steamware. Each box should be labeled, ” Fragile-This End Up” to avoid damage.
- Upright Boxes are used for lamps, statues and other items that require a special size.
When moving electronic equipment like computers, scanners or printers, be sure to detach cords and wires, paper trays, etc. And label all cables and wires for easy re-assembly.
Be sure to use well padded, sturdy boxes to cushion the equipment. Mark these items, ” FRAGILE”